BR Mk1 Corridor Composite (CK)

W15644, built by BR in Wolverton in 1956

Composite coaches are both first and second class, the proper name for what is now called ‘standard class’. In fact, when BR was formed, there was first and third class, a hang over from the days when the railways had up to five classes. Third class became second class in 1956.

Our CK has four 7’2” first class compartments and three 6’3” second class compartments.

This coach was bought from the Hull Locomotive Preservation Group who used it as part of their main line steam stock.

 

Back to BR Mk1 Coaches

Back to Rolling Stock 

 

15644c.gif