Peckett 0-4-0ST Lady Angela
Lady Angela was built by Peckett & Sons of Bristol in 1926, works number 1690, for a gypsum mine in Kingston-upon-Soar, Notts, where she worked until the early 1970s until she was bought for preservation on the Shackerstone Railway.
She was purchased by Dennis Braybrook, one of the stalwarts of the South Devon Railway Association (then known as the Dart Valley Railway Association) from the early days and chairman of the Association's Hants & Dorset Group. Lady Angela arrived in Devon in July 1976. Following Dennis's passing, his wife, Dorothy Braybrook, gifted this lovely little engine to the railway.
Lady Angela, painted in an attractive green livery, is currently 'out of ticket' but can be seen pride of place in the siding next to the Refreshment Rooms at Buckfastleigh station. The engine is named Lady Angela after the second Lady Belper, whose family estate included the gypsum mine where the locomotive worked.