Bagnall 0-6-0ST No 2766
No 2766 was built in 1944 for the War Department and served in Antwerp, working in the docks, following liberation by the allies.
Returning to Britain in 1946/7, she was purchased by the newly formed National Coal Board in July 1947, working at Treorchy colliery until its closure in 1970 and transferred to Maesteg washery until withdrawal in 1973.
In 1976, 2766 was purchased privately for preservation, along with Glendower and Barabara, and arrived at the Bristol Suburban Railway (now the Avon Valley Railway). Two years later, all three locomotives came to Buckfastleigh.
2766 never steamed and was eventually sold in 1996. She is now undergoing long term restoration on the Bodmin & Wenford Railway in Cornwall.
Back to Gone but not Forgotten.
Image to come...